What are your 2019 Reading Goals? What do you have planned to read? What do you have planned to do? Are they the same each year? How many books are you planning on reading?
Going into 2019, I realized I really want to make some changes to my blog and my reading. I have spent countless hours trying to figure out what I am going to do so I thought I would share my 2019 Reading Goals with you so that you know your not alone in this.
- The only two reading challenge that I plan on doing is the GoodReads one. That one is really simple and easy to do since I use GoodReads all the time. I really love GoodReads because you are able to track all your books (to read, currently reading, read etc) and it offers you stats (such as number of books read, pages, year book was published etc) which are perfect.
- Now onto the second reading challenge and that is Tackle My TBR, I am setting a goal of reading 3+ of my own books from my TBR shelves a month in hopes of at least clearing some of those books off that pile by the end of the year.
- I know I said I was only going to be doing two reading challenges but I got talked (on instagram by a lady I follow) into doing another reading challenge that is being hosted by Mrs Happy Homemaker, you can click on her name to take you to the reading challenge. Its pretty straight forward.
- I am not going to do a book ban like I have in the past and although I really should. I have made a goal that if I buy books in a month, I need to read those before I am allowed to buy books in the next month. This one I really need to try to stick to.
- I am setting a goal of reading 52 books this year. This is much lower then last year but since being diagnosed with MS I don’t want to stress if I can’t reach my goal. This way I feel as though 4 books a month is a good monthly goal and if I read more then thats great but if not I won’t stress to much about it.
- To read and review before beginning another book because I have this bad habit of not doing my reviews right away.
- To properly label my posts.
- To have more drafts in my folder so they are ready for a rainy day.
- To promote my blog more on social media.
- To share more blog things on my IG page.
Set up a blogging schedule.(completed)
- To post more regularly with different topics ie blog tours, book spotlights, bullet journal posts etc.
To clean up my goodreads shelves. (completed)
What are some of your goals for 2019?