As the year is coming to end I told myself that going into 2019 and 2019 in general that I need to read more of my own books. I really came to realize this past summer that I have so many of my own books sitting in boxes and on book shelves that aren’t being read and that is really a shame. Imagine if I took a physical inventory of how much is sitting there I would probably be shocked. Plus getting diagnosed with MS in November I realized that I need to read those books sitting there.
This past year I managed to read 22 of those books. Which isn’t a lot and I am hoping to double that at the end of 2019. Wish me luck!
- The 2019 Tackle My TBR Challenge runs January 1, 2019 – December 31, 2019. You can join at any time. Click here to find out more.
- The goal is to read at least ONE book from your TBR every month. It can be an ARC, ebook, audiobook or print – your choice. Any reading is good reading!
- If one TBR book a month isn’t enough, set your goal higher! Do you think you can read five a month? Ten? Go big or go home! Just for fun, I’ve added some levels below.
- You don’t have to be a blogger to participate. You can track your progress on Goodreads, Insta, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube… wherever you want!
- Use #TackleMyTBR2019 on social media.
- Feel free to use the banner graphic on your posts and/or social media.
- Link up below to declare your intentions.
- Tell your friends!
New this year: challenge levels! (And yes, they’re football-themed.)
Pick a level, any level! (These are all based on a 1-5+ books per month average.)
- Safety: read 12 TBR books
- Blitz: read 13-24 TBR books
- First Down: read 25-36 TBR books
- Field Goal: read 37-48 TBR books
- Hail Mary: read 49-60 TBR books
- Touchdown: read 61+ TBR books
My goal is to do level First Down and that is to read 25-36 TBR books. I am setting it low so that I won’t get overwhelmed and if I read more then yay for me. I want this to be a stress free reading challenge since its the only one I am really doing along with the good reads one.