This morning as I was getting post ready for the week I stumbled upon this fun thing that indiereadergirl0329 shared on her blog and thought I would share it with you guys too.
I am not going to tag anyone but please feel free to share it with your readers and if you do please link back to me so that I can see your replies and comment. So the only rules are that you need to answer truthfully.
What are your three book pet peeves/hates?
- Seeing people dog ear their books. This is like nails on a chalk board for me. With having so much around you, you can’t find something to make your page with? I have used a gum wrapper, receipt, bus ticket, straw wrapper and the list goes on and on.
- When a new book/series comes out in paperback/trade and it does so well that publishers then puts the rest of the books in that series in hardcover.
- Redesign of covers in the series. I love having all my books match and when they decide half way through they want to change it and do the whole series in that theme my books don’t match. I wish that they could envision that series from the get go and keep it the same. Don’t get me going on the movie tie in books.
Describe your perfect reading spot.
This is what my ideal reading spot would look like. I would want huge windows to allow in as much natural light as possible with a view of the beach or forest. I would need a super comfy chair or couch with tons of pillows/cushions and a super soft blanket to curl up in.
Tell us three book confusions.
- I am always buying book marks and never use them. I have a little holder on my book case that I put them all in. I probably have close to 100 that are never used. If I see one that is pretty I will buy it.
- During the day when I should be doing other things (house work etc) I will sit and read for hours. Shhh don’t tell anyone.
- I have spent more money on books then my husband knows. Scholastic book club mostly.
When was the last time you cried during a book?
hmmm I think that would be when I read Undone by Cat Patrick. Jemm is in love with her best friend but he is gay. So this crushes her and then when he is outed online he can’t handle it so he commits suicide. Jemm is heart broken and is hell bent on finding out who did this. It was sound reading this.
How many books are on your night side table?
Right now I have my mini iPad that has books I am reading on it as well as three physical book that are part of a series that I am just about to start for an upcoming review.
What is your favorite snack that you like to eat while you read?
It varies and depends on what is in the house. It could be fruit, yogurt, chips, something sweet or something salty.
Name three books you would recommend.
- Extracted by Sherry Ficklin and Tyler Jolley
- Anne of Green Gables
- Wuthering Heights
In three words write how much books mean to you.
What is your biggest reading secret?
I sometimes take on more then I can handle so that will mean sometimes not getting to enjoy the book as much as I would like. As a book blogger sometimes I over book things which is common and don’t really realize it until its too late so I am rushing alot of the time.
So there you go. I hope you enjoyed reading my replies and I look forward to yours.
6 thoughts on “The Book Blogger Test”
Thanks for the mention! I agree about the bookmarks. I have a bunch but I barely use them. Oh those darn people ruining great books all because they are too lazy to find some bookmark. Kills me, too.
Your welcome Hannah anytime
Yep, I think we all take on more than we can handle.
Great post and so glad you came across Indie Girl… I met her last year at BEA during power reader day and talked to her about blogging.. it is fun to watch her progress.
Thanks Sheila. I actually think I started to follow her after you had mentioned meeting her on the power reader day. Its so much fun to watch bloggers progress.
Love these survey questions! I also can’t stand dog-earing pages, but I can never find a bookmark, so I’m always sticking random bits of paper inside my books….
Thanks so much for stopping by! Jen @ YA Romantics