I have to start off my saying I am really bad at remembering where I hear/read and see things from and this is a prime example. I recently heard/read or seen this and I was so interested in the box and discovering what it was about.
Please note that I was provided this Star Looks box for review and in no way persuaded to write a positive review.
Before showing you what I got let me tell you a little bit about the box in case you have never heard of this before.
- You will receive 3 to 4 Full Size Make Up and Beauty products (each month is different)
- All Star Looks products are cruelty free and lead/emollient free
- Its $15 a month (if you are out of the US you have to contact them directly to set up an account. You will pay roughly $5 more a month for this box = $20)
- Its a recurring monthly charge (you can also pay yearly)
- Cancel anytime
- Monthly your box will have a min value of $35
- You are able to order previous boxes (past) if available
- Please note that shipping takes a little longer to get into Canada (shipping starts the 3rd week of the month)
- Subscribing cut of is the 1st of the month so any orders placed after that will get you the following months box
- The site is http://starlooks.com (for all kinds of info and tips)
This is the September Star Looks box:
I loved how the box was presented. I have to say that I find the white/silver very elegant looking and the box is small enough to store perhaps some jewelry or little trinkets.
I have to commit on the tissue paper. This doesn’t feel like your typical tissue paper. Its got a more elegant feel to it, making it feel like this box would be elegant and luxurious.
One of the cards included in the box is a card letting me know if I refer one person I will get a make up bag. So if anyone wants to be referred please let me know cause I would love to get this.
The next card is the September product card. I love the image on the card. Each month is a different card and look. This is roughly the size of a recipe card (cue card)
This is the flip side of the card.
The items inside the box.
This is Star Looks signature eye shadow palette. This is 5 full sized eye shadows.
Each of the shadows is an opalescent sheen of color for the eye base. You can wear it alone or combine it with matte or shimmer shades to enhance or alter colors.
I tried to swap them but they were too sheen but they were very nice and I am excited to play around with this palette and mix and match them.
Another Star Looks item is the Clear Eye Shadow Primer. This is perfect to hold the shadow. This will last for hours and make the shadow vibrate. I am excited to use this because over the past year I have been told I should use a primer to hold my shadow longer.
This was a little surprise in the box, Star Looks included some eye jewelry in shades of opal and champagne colored Swarovski crystals.You apply it with lash glue.
Another card was included to let us know that we should check the site for tips on use to use the products they sent. I have checked it out and its nice to have a go to point for my looks.
Another item exclusive to Star Looks is quartz crystals. These crystals will attract energy and maintain focus and the added bonus is the symbol of beauty. They are perfect to collect and place in a glass jar to hold your make up brushes.
I am so happy to have discovered Star Looks. I love what I got in my review box and I can’t wait to play around with the palette.
Thanks Star Looks for providing me the September box to review.
copyright 2010, Cindy (Cindy’s Love Of Books)
If you are reading this on a blog or website other than Cindy’s Love Of Books or via a feedreader, this content has been stolen and used without permission.