Welcome to the first day of Armchair BEA. In previous years Armchair BEA has always kicked off with an introduction and this year its no exception. I am going to a point to reach out and comment more on blogs. So if you are visiting from the Armchair BEA link please let me know so that I can go and read your replies.
I hope you enjoy reading my replies. I had a lot of fun picking out 5 questions to reply too.
- Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging? Where in the world are you blogging from?
- Describe your blog in just one sentence. Then, list your social details — Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc. — so we can connect more online.
- Spread the love by naming your favorite blogs/bloggers (doesn’t necessarily have to be book blogs/bloggers).
- If you were stranded on a deserted island, what 3 books would you bring? Why? What 3 non-book items would you bring? Why?
- What does your favorite/ideal reading space look like?
Hi everyone, my name is Cindy. I am a stay at home mom and a Canadian (Quebec) blogger. I have been blogging since August 2008. I always use to journal what I read as a way to keep track of the books I read and what I thought of them. It wasn’t until August of 2008 when my son was going to school for the first time that I stumbled upon some blogs and I realized that I could use a blog to keep track of the books that I read, share my thoughts on them and build friendships with other book lovers that are out there. Up to that time I really didn’t have anyone to talk to about books or authors or attend author signings with. I thought it would be nice to meet some book lovers locally and world wide.
If I had to describe my blog in one word I would have to say eclectic.
If you want to follow me on my other social media please feel free and let me know and I will follow back:
- Instagram (I am still getting use to this)
- Pinterest (I am still getting use to this)
- Facebook (this is the one that is associated with my blog only)
These are the kinds of questions that make me squirm a bit because I hate saying these are my favorite and bloggers. So I will list a few bloggers and their blogs that I enjoy reading.
This is a really hard question for me and I just had to include this, I wonder how many other bloggers will be answering this one? Did you ask this one?
If I was stranded on a deserted island the three books (I wish I could say my iPad since I have the kindle, kobo, etc on their with tons of books) I would want to bring would be:
- Wuthering Heights as I could read this over and over again
- Extracted as I think I could read this over and over again
- The Land of Stories is another one I think I could read over and over again
The three non bookish items I would want to bring would be:
- a sharp knife (to cut things with)
- sunscreen because I burn easily
- a friend so that I wouldn’t be alone and we could share the books
Finally the last question is what would my ideal reading spot look like and I have to say it changes all the time but currently I would have to say something like this:
Its going to be a room with big windows and an amazing view of the ocean or mountains. With tons of books and big comfy chairs to curl up in. You can check out my pinterest board (here) to see a few other of my favorite looks.
Thanks for stopping by I look forward to reading all your replies to these questions so don’t forget to leave your blog links in the comments.