I wasn’t going to take part in any new challenges but this one sounds super easy, you only need to read one book, but you can read more if you want too and hey its about New York whats not to love. This May will be my very first trip to NYC and I am so excited.
I first saw this posted on Bermudaonion’s Blog (kathy) for the mini challenge for February which sounded like alot of fun. Continue reading to find out what the mini challenge is.
The person behind the New York Challenge is Fuzzy Thoughts and you can check out her blog for more info and/or to sign up.
-The Challenge runs from now until May 15th, 2010.
-All you have to do is read ONE book set in New York and post your review. It can be any book and in any genre as long as its about New York. Hey you can even review a travel guide.
-When you post your review go back to Fuzzy Thoughts and add the url to Mr Linky.
FEBRUARY’S MINI CHALLENGE:
For the month of February, your task (should you choose to accept it) is to
compile a list of ten things about New York. It can be a reading list, a list of
songs, restaurants, places to visit (or that you’d like to visit), places to
avoid…whatever you want to share. After you’ve written your post, come back and
leave the link in Mr Linky.
If you take part you have the chance to win some cool New York themed prizes.
Here is my list of 10 things about New York:
- Empire State of Mind by Alicia Keys and Jay Z. I just discovered the song the other day on my local radio station. The one I actually heard was done by Alicia Keys. I have found both versions on youtube. I have to admit I listen to Alicia’s version all the time and its getting me in the NY mood.
- The Strand. I have heard so much about this bookstore that this is one of the places I really want to go and shop at.
- The View. I would love to see this live show.
- The Museum of Natural History (I believe that is the name of it) I really want to go and see this because there is this dinosaur on display that both my brother in laws worked on when they first moved to the US.
- Central Park. I would love to roam around here.
- A broadway play. You really can’t go to NY without seeing something on or off broadway.
- Empire State Building
- Take the Staten Island Ferry
- Times Square at night
- Central Park Zoo. This is on strict orders of a 6 year old who said “Mommy you have to go to Central Park Zoo to say hi to the Madagascar gang for me.” He thinks that those cartoon animals will be there.
You have seen my list is there something I should do in New York when I am there in May thats not on my list?
If you are reading this on a blog or website other than Cindy’s Love Of Books or via a feedreader, this content has been stolen and used without permission.