Here is Day 7’s direct link up
As a book blogger you have to admit to having some pet peeves, right? I mean we all have them.
I know this morning I was reading some posts and I admit I am guilty to some of the ones bloggers listed as their pet peeves. I think as a blogger you can learn from the lists and make changes. I know that is what I plan on doing. One step at a time.
So here is my list…don’t hate me 🙂 (This list is in no particular order)
- Having to say “NO” when you are sent a request. I find this is always the hardest thing to do when someone emails you to ask if you will review their book. Its not because I don’t want to review it, its just that I don’t have the time to do it.
- Design/Fonts/Color. Not quite sure how to label it. I hate discovering a new blog and they have that dark background with white lettering. You know what I mean right? I never stay to read their blog because its just to darn hard on my eyes.
- Sound effects. I hate where there is music/sound effects on a blog.
- Drama. I tend to stay away from blogs and bloggers who insist on Drama.
- Not enough hours in the day to read and blog.
- Book format changes. Why must publishers put out books in paperback and once they become popular put them in hardcovers? I hate starting a series in paperback and then all of sudden they are hard cover. I like all my books in one format.
- Not being able to afford to go to all these fantastic book conventions. I just don’t know how some can afford to go to them all.
- Jumping through hoops to leave a comment. I understand you are probably protecting your blog from spammers but your also making it harder for us to comment.
- Copying of ideas. I guess this is geared towards youtubers. I follow one vlogger and they just did something before Christmas and now another vlogger is now doing the same thing. The exact same thing.
- Finally my last pet peeve is someone not reading my blog/policy to find out where I live or what I read and don’t read. Its all there in black and white.
So that is my list, do we have anything in common?
If you are reading this on a blog or website other than Cindy’s Love Of Books or via a feedreader, this content has been stolen and used without permission.