Hi everyone. Please allow me to introduce myself in case you are new to my blog. My name is Cindy and I have been blogging from my little city in the burbs of Montreal (Quebec/Canada) since August of 2008.
This year I am not at #BEA16 which I have to say is a bit sad but I have to say that it just wouldn’t worked for me because of the exchange rate, flights, hotels, and shipping books back to Canada unless I had won the lottery so I will just have to hold onto #BEA17 in NYC.
I have actually been lucky to attend #BEA in NYC in 2010, 2012, 2013 and then 2015. In between those years I didn’t attend the actual #BEA I took part in the #ArmchairBEA. They are also so much fun and I am so happy they came up with this idea.
1. Do you have a favorite book? If you cannot choose a favorite book of all time, pick your favorite book today – just this second. Remember that favorites are allowed to change if something affects you deeply enough. My all time favorite books are Anne of Green Gables because growing up on the east coast of New Brunswick everyone read them from the school library, then in high school I had to read Wuthering Heights and that was my favorite book out of all the reading we had to do and then it was the V.C Andrews because thats when my sister shared her love of reading with me and she would always send me a ton of books.
2. What is your favorite genre and why? I tend to read alot of YA books but I have noticed that in the last few months (actually since Januar 2016) I am reading a mix of fiction, romance (I have always read some romance but it seems like its more) and mystery.
3. Which day of ABEA are you looking forward to the most? I have to say the introduction day is my favorite day because you get to discover so many bloggers on this day.
4. How do you arrange your bookshelves? Is there a rhyme or reason? Or not at all? (#ABEAShelfie) Whenever I rearrange my bookshelves I always try to come up with a way to organize them but it just never works out so there is actually no rhyme or reason to them. Their is actually only one shelf that has a rhyme or reason to it and that is the books I have bought this year. I have cleared a complete shelf and that is where I am keeping track of the books I bought so I know they have to be read. I am hoping that will curb my spending.
5. What book are you most excited for on your TBR? What are you most intimidated by? I think I am excited for all the books on my TBR. I think this year there has been a ton of great books that have come out and the rest of the year is looking amazing. None of the books I have really intimidate me because I go in with a completely open mind. When I read them I just hope that I will like.
6. What is the most interesting thing that you have learned through your reading this year so far? I think one of the most interesting things I learned so far this year is that its okay to dip into other genre of books and to expand your horizon. I have been reading books that I never thought I would and that is a good think.
I look forward to connecting with other bloggers this week. If you are new or even returning be sure to leave me a comment so I can pop over to your introduction.