This is Day 1 of Book Blogger Appreciation Week and today’s topic is:
Appreciation! There are no awards this year, but it can still be hard to navigate the huge universe of book blogging. Share with your readers some of the blogs you enjoy reading daily and why.
I am really not a huge fan of awards and I was really happy to see this change this year for numerous reasons although this is another thing I really don’t like because it feels like you are picking and choosing amongst your friends and saying one is better then the next but its not. I love you guys.
So in not particular order here is my list of ten that I pretty much check out on a daily bases:
- Kathy from Bermudaonion and she was one of the very first bloggers I found and she is a regular commentor on my blog. I have had the prvilage of meeting Kathy at BEA in 2010 and we are always in touch. She is super sweet online and in real life. I am always in total awe of Kathy because she does so much in real life and still has time to read.
- Tina from Bookshipper. She was one of the first bloggers I met in real life, and was part of the original Montreal Book Blogger group. Tina has turned into a really good friend over the years and we are partners in crime and go on wild NYC adventures. Without her I don’t think NYC would have been so much fun. Tina and I have similar taste in books and magazines.
- Laura from Library of Clean Reads . She is a local Montreal author and blogger. I was so thrilled to have been asked by Laura to read her book a few years ago and I am honored to call her a friend and I have to say my first author friend.
- Jennifer from Jenn’s Book Shelves . I love reading Jenn’s blog especially when her son does a guest appearance because when he does I show Michael his posts in hopes that it will inspire him to make an appearance on mine. I also got to meet Jenn at BEA in 2010 and I am known to occassionally post a “It’s Monday, What are you reading? post.
- Sheila from Book Journey. I don’t know how I ever stumbled upon Sheila but I am so happy because I love reading her blog daily. Not only does she do reviews but she talks about everything. I think I have been
stalkingfollowing her for several years and I just have to say I finally got to meet her in real life at BEA this year and she is super sweet and awesome.
- Lucy from Moonlight Gleam’s. Lucy is a Montreal book blogger and its hard to believe I have only known her for a year but it feels like I have known her forever. She is an awesome blogger and is such a hard worker on keeping her blog current. I am honored to call her a friend.
- Cindy aka Tynga from Tynga’s Reviews is also another Montreal blogger. I have also been following her blog for some time and only got to meet her last year. I love reading her Stacking the Shelves each week and the various authors she gets on her blog. If you love paranormal/urban fiction you should check her out.
- Ashely from Steps to Perfection . This is not a book blog but a heauty blog and I love going to Ashley’s blog because she is my go to girl on all beauty box subscription services here in Canada and what is available to Canadians.
- Kate from Midnight Book Girl. Kate is another blog that I have been s
talkingfollowing mainly at first because of her blog design but then because of her reviews. Kate reads the same kind of books as me. Plus she was my roomie in NYC this year.
- And last but certainly not least Kim from On The Wings of Books. Kim was one of my roomies in NYC and a total hoot. She had me laughing the whole week in NYC and whenever I read her reviews its almost like I can hear her. We both of similar taste in books and most often we feel the same way about a book.
So that is just a few of the blogs I follow on a daily bases. I wish I could add you all to my list but I can’t sorry. What do you think of my list? Did you discover someone new? Is so which ones?
If you are reading this on a blog or website other than Cindy’s Love Of Books or via a feedreader, this content has been stolen and used without permission.
11 thoughts on “(BBAW) Day 1= Appreciation Day”
Awww, thanks for the love!! It was so great to meet you at BEA! I hope John’s posts inspire your son to do the same!
I had a blog design by Lori too & she made a cute blog for me like yours!
I still use it every now and again.
Are you going to BEA13? I went for one day last year but this year I am going all days or as many as possible 🙂
I must show up early this time too.
You have a great blog list. I think ALL the Canadian bloggers I have met are awesome.
Have a great BBAW week!
BBAW Day 1
It is so hard to pick bloggers for a list like this. I’m totally flattered to be included on your list!
That’s a wonderful list! It’s nice to meet another Canadian book blogger!
I like Book Journey too. I hadn’t heard of the other blogs before and I’m off to check them out. Thanks for sharing 🙂
Hi sweetie! Thank you so much for mentioning me in this post!!! You are truly a great friend and I am so happy to have met you!!! I love your blog and really enjoy all your posts each week. (number one book blog stalker over here lol). *HUGS!* You rock!
Great list! Tynga is the only one whom I’m familiar with, so I’m off to go “meet” a few of the others!
Love your list, as I already follow several of these awesome ladies! Will be checking out the couple I’m not familiar with, and am sure I’ll love them too! 🙂
Cindy, you were one of the first bloggers I connected with. That makes you special in my book! Thanks for including me in your list!
First of all I have to say that I love your blog design, adorable!
It IS hard to make a list like this isn’t it? As I go through other blogs that are participating I keep thinking OH shoot, I should have added that blog, that blog and that blog too! 😉
I’m going to check out the blogs you listed, thanks for sharing! Some I know of, some are new to me.
The Relentless Reader
Ahhh Cindy – thank you! I think I remember how we met but tell me if I am wrong. When I first started blogging there was a guy named Michael…. I can not recall his blog name but I think he wrote screen plays too…. you and I both commented there and after reading your comments, I started popping in on your blog… I think 🙂
Happy BBAW friend! It really was awesome to meet you this summer.