I’m not quite sure who started this tag (if you do know please let me know and I will credit the person) but I got tagged by Lucy from Simply Blushed . I have never done one of these kinds of tags but I thought it would be kind of fun since I do cover some beauty on my blog.
Lets get onto the questions shall we.
1. Is your hair naturally curly or straight?
• Naturally I would said its more wavy then curly. I have very thick hair that has a mind of its own at times.
2. What is your natural hair colour?
• This one is so funny because I have been dying my hair since my mid 20s and I think it was a dark brown. I always hated my hair and always wished I was a red head and I think that steams from my love of Anne of Green Gables. So over the years its been several shades of mixing and matching of colors.
3. Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon?
• I dye my own hair at home although if I want something different like highlights or a bold color I go to a salon and have it done.
4. How often do you wash your hair?
•I know I will probably get some flack for this but I have to wash my hair every day. With it being so thick I have no choice but on the upside I don’t use heat styling products and my hair dries naturally. I have been very thankfully with my hair considering the amount of times I have dyed it, permed it etc I have a healthy head of hair.
5. Do you wear the same style every day or change it?
• Yes lately its been up in a bun just because I need to get my butt to the salon for a cut and if I leave my hair in a pony tail the hair is too heavy and I get head aches. When its at the length it is now I normally don’t wear it down because I hate having hair in my face.
6. Do you do your own mani/pedi or go to a salon?
• I don’t do my own. I usually try to get to a salon 2x times a year to get it done. I trim and keep the nails clean up other wise I leave it to the professionals.
7. How often to you change your nail polish?
• I tend to change my nail polish once a week unless its something important that we have to go to then I will do it twice but normally its just once a week.
8. Do you polish your toes in the winter, too or just in the summer?
• In the winter I tend to wear a bright color because winter can be so dreary and having a pop of color is nice. I wear polish all summer long especially wearing sandles you want to see some color.
9. How long does it take to put on your makeup?
• I never really timed myself but I would think at least 30 minutes because I wash and cleanse my face, moisturize, then its foundation primer, concealer, foundation, eye primer, eye shadow, mascara and lipgloss/lipstick. Then I top it all off with finish powder.
10. What do you do first? Face or eyes?
• I always start with my face first.
11. Do you “collect” makeup or just buy what you need when you need it?
•I have to say that I think I am a little bit of both. I do buy what I need such as concealer, foundation, eyeshadow and mascara when I run out. I have finally found the perfect concealer, foundation and finishing powder by Bourjois. The perfect mascara from Estee Lauder which I got a sample of in a box and loved it and actually got a new one for christmas.
As for my collecting side, I think I have turned a little bit into a collector as well because there are so many great make up brands that I really want to try and I have been getting some as gift and buying for myself. Although I really need to stop that habit soon.
12. How often do you wear false eyelashes?
• I have never tried false eyelashes and no desire to try them either. Anything that involves a glue around the eye scares the heck out of me. I am too chicken.
13. Do you do a full face of makeup every day?
• If I am going out I will wear it but I find when I am home and doing things I don’t have the urge to do it. Or if it happens to be a day I am feeling especially blah I will do it just to cheer me up a little. Also if I plan on vlogging I will do my make up.
14. Do you wear makeup when you are home alone (or with family)?
• I guess on a daily bases no but if we are going out then I will have it on. I usually leave it on until I go to bed at night.
15. Will you leave the house without makeup?
• Yes I will leave the house without make up on.
16. How many high end products do you have?
• Honestly I don’t have alot of high end items in my collection. I would said its not even half of what I have. Although with that being said I am slowly starting to add a few high end products into my collection.
17. How often do you wash your makeup brushes?
•I wash all my brushes weekly on a normal week but if it happens to be a week I am sick then its more often.
18. Do you plan your OOTD every night or decide when you are getting dressed?
• I never plan an OOTD (out fit of the day). If I am staying home then its just jeans and a long sleeve tshirt but if I am going out to meet friends etc I will plan it a little better to look nicer.
19. How often do you change your handbag?
• Since my big purge I only have three purses. One is my spring/summer bag, one is a little dresser for when we go out to dinner etc and my last purse is just a black cross body bag that is my fall and winter purse. So I change it according to the seasons.
20. What time do you get up & go to sleep?
• During the week I am up at 6:30 am to get showered and dress and then prepare lunches and I am usually in bed by 9:30 but will read for half an hour or so to unwind. Weekends depending on what is going on I could stay in bed until 8am and I tend to go to bed a little later as well.
21. How often & when do you workout?
• Since the New Year started I have been battling a sinus thing so I haven’t been working out like I wanted to but I am hoping to get back on the treadmill and do at least 5 days a week if possible.
22. Left-handed or Right-handed?
• I am right handed
23. How tall are you?
• I am roughly 5 feet. Yea I know short eh?
24. Do you speak a foreign language?
• I speak english and some french. I am also learning a little Hungarian since my in laws are Hungarian.
25. How many pets do you have?
• I love animals but we don’t have any pets.
26. How often are you on Blogger?
• I am on Blogger daily.
27. Do you read the comments posted on blogs?
• Yes I do read the comments.
28. Do you keep a list of products to try as you see other posts?
• Yes I do keep a list of products that I see that I want to try. I have a little note book that I jot things down on.
29. How did you come up with your blog name?
• When I started blogging almost 5 years ago I never really gave it much thought and as you can see its not very original but it steams from my love of books.
30. What kind of camera do you use for photographs?
•At the moment, I’m using a Canon Power Shot elph 100hs. I like although eventually I would love to invest in a high end camera just because I love taking pictures.
31. How often do you clean your house? (Daily, weekly, other)
• During the week I tend to tidy up but on the weekends I do a major clean.
32. What is your favorite colour?
• My favorite color at the moment is tiffany blue.
33. What is your favorite beauty/fashion magazine?
• I don’t have a favorite as I don’t usually buy them. But when I do pick them up it will be LouLou, Elle Canada and Marie Claire. I use to love Marie Claire years ago.
34. Do you swear?
• I notice that if I am alone I tend to swear but when I am out or with family I don’t.
35. What are you doing with the rest of your day?
• Apart from tidying up and laundry I am currently working on scheduling some posts for the upcoming week.
If you are interested in being tagged please leave it in the comments below and I will add your name to my tagged list.
Have a good day everyone.
If you are reading this on a blog or website other than Cindy’s Love Of Books or via a feedreader, this content has been stolen and used without permission.